New Zealand37° 51' 2.4804" S, 176° 6' 35.5716" E
See map: Google Maps
Akeake marae is located just off Pyers Pa Road, south of Tauranga (on Taumata Rd). It belongs to the hapū Ngāti Ruahine, Ngāi Tamarawaho of the iwi Ngāti Ranginui.
The whare tupuna is named Te Reinui Ao and was built in 1954-55. The wharekai is Turuturu. Akeake is linked to the maunga Puwhenua and the waka Mataatua.
Bay of Plenty
Te Reinui Ao
Ngāti Ruahine, Ngāi Tamarawaho
Iwi / Rūnanga: