Te Mānuka Tūtahi
Te Mānuka Tūtahi marae is located in Whakatāne next to Te Whare o Toroa marae, and is centred around the whare tipuna Mataatua.
Mataatua was opened in 1875, then was dismantled and exhibited at the 1879 British Empire Exhibition in Sydney. After being taken to London the whare was eventually returned to New Zealand in 1925. It spent the next 71 years as a permanent exhibit at Otago Museum, and finally returned to Ngāti Awa in 1996. It took 15 years to restore and rebuild on its current site, and reopened in 2011.