Tau Henare (Pipiwai)
Tau Henare marae, sometimes also referred to as Pipiwai marae, is situated in the papakainga of Pipiwai, 40 kilometres west of Kamo and Whangarei. It belongs to the hapū Te Orewai, which affiliates to the iwi of Ngāti Hine. Te Orewai occupy over 7000 acres of whenua in the Kaikou, Mangahowhara Blocks
Its main wharenui, also named Tau Henare, was built in 1940 and carved by George (Hori) Waititi, honouring the parliamentarian Taurekareka (Tau) Henare (1878-1940). The wharekai is Pipiwai.