Rāwhitiroa marae, also known as Ōwairaka, is located 19 km southeast of Te Awamutu. The primary hapū associated with this marae is Ngāti Takihiku.
The whare tūpuna Takihiku is named after the youngest child of Raukawa and Turongoihi. The original whare stood at Aotearoa-Wharepūhunga, whilst the second Takihiku was built at Kōputaroa and carved by Hokowhitu McGregor. The third and current Takihiku whare at Rāwhitiroa-Owairaka was carved primarily by Te Motu Heta and opened in 1929. The wharekai is named Maikukutara.
The marae connects ancestrally to the Tainui waka, the maunga Wharepuhunga and the awa Puniu.