Pikitū marae is located in Waotu, just to the east of Lake Arapuni and 19 km west of Tokoroa. The primary hapū for this marae is Ngāti Huri of Ngāti Raukawa.
The whare is named Huri and the marae connects to the Tainui waka, the awa Waikato and the maunga Wharepuhunga. The whare, Huri, was built circa 1870, and a hangi pit was installed adjacent to the whare, which is still in use today.
The marae complex is designed to cater for up to 250 people, with extensive facilities in place that have been well maintained over the decades.