Pā te Aroha
Pā te Aroha marae is one of three marae in the Whirinaki area, the others being Matai Ara Nui, and Moria. It was established for the descendants of those chiefs of the Te Hikutu hapu who were baptised by Catholic Bishop Pompallier in the Whirinaki River in 1838.
The wharenui is Pā te Aroha. Pā te Aroha marae connects to the maunga Te Ramaroa a Kupe, the moana Hokianga Whakapau Karakia, the awa Whirinaki, and the waka Ngātokimatawhaorua.