Parihaka Pā is located in the settlement of the same name. Its principal hapū include Ngāti Haupoto and Ngāti Moeahu of the iwi Taranaki. The marae complex includes whare by the name of Mihikuare, Rangi Kapuia (opened in 1927), Te Niho o Te Atiwa and Toroanui. The wharekai is Te Rānui. The marae connects ancestrally to the waka Kurahaupo, the maunga Taranaki and Parihaka, and the awa Waitotara.