Rukumoana (The Top Pā) marae is located just north of the junction between Tahuroa Road and Morrinsville-Walton Road, 6 km south of Morrinsville itself. Its iwi is Ngāti Hauā. The wharenui is named Werewere. The marae was built between 1915 and 1917 and used as a parliament house during the Māori King Movement. It gradually fell into disrepair from the 1920s, but was fully restored in the 1980s.